Agencies of the State Board of Education
Vocational Rehabilitation is a state-federal program whose goal is to assist people with disabilities prepare for, secure, retain or regain employment.
Idaho Public Television holds in the public trust television and related broadcast telecommunication licenses issued and governed by the Federal Communications Commission. IdahoPTV is a statewide, non-commercial broadcast telecommunication system and new media provider based in the capital city of Boise with additional staffed facilities in Moscow and Pocatello.
The Office of the State Board of Education assists the Board in the execution of its legal responsibilities. Consistent with that role, the office functions to:
- Provide information, analysis, and recommendations associated with the Board's decision-making processes.
- Coordinate the functions and activities of the agencies, institutions and school governed by or funded through the Board.
- Initiate, in cooperation with the agencies, institutions and school, long-term planning efforts which are responsive to emerging legal, social, and fiscal events in the state, region, and nation.
- Interact, as directed by the Board, with other branches and representatives of state government.
- Provide public information with respect to the Board, its policies, and its institutions, agencies and school.
- Establish and coordinate the Board's plan for postsecondary education.
- Administer all programs and services assigned to the Board by statute, regulation, or appropriation.
The Division of Professional–Technical Education is the administrative arm of the State Board for Professional-Technical Education that provides leadership, advocacy and technical assistance for professional-technical education in Idaho, from secondary students through adults. This includes additional responsibilities for Emergency Services Training, Adult Basic Education/GED programs, the State Wellness program, state employee training including the Certified Public Manager program, and the S.T.A.R. Motorcycle Training program.
The Idaho State Department of Education is accountable for the success of all Idaho students. As leaders in education, we provide the expertise and technical assistance to promote educational excellence and highly effective instruction.