Complete College Idaho Plan
A Plan for Growing Talent to Fuel Innovation and Economic Growth in the Gem State.
The State Board has set an ambitious goal that 60% of Idahoans ages 25-34 will have a degree or certificate by 2020.
- Idaho must grow talent within the state to fuel innovation and economic competitiveness.
- Increased education attainment improves the quality of life for Idahoans and drives a vibrant, diverse economy.
- Idaho’s increased education attainment must be responsive to businesses that will employ the workforce of the future.
- It is imperative we commit to efficiently and effectively increase postsecondary degrees and certificates.
- Ensure College and Career Readiness (Common Core State Standards)
- Develop Intentional Advising Along the K-20 Continuum that Links Education with Careers
- Support Accelerated High School to Postsecondary and Career Pathways
- Clarify and Implement College and Career Readiness Education and Assessments (Assessment & Placement)
- Develop a Statewide Model for Transformation of Remedial Placement and Support
- Provide three options: Co-requisite model, Emporium model, or Accelerated model (Delivery)
- Communicate Strong, Clear, and Guaranteed Statewide Articulation and Transfer Options (Gen. Ed)
- Establish Metrics and Accountability Tied to Institutional Mission (Performance Based Funding Initiative- PBFI)
- Recognize and Reward Performance (PBFI)
- Redesign the State’s Current Offerings of Financial Support for Postsecondary Students
- Strengthen Collaborations Between Education and Business/Industry Partners
- College Access Network
- STEM Education
Key StrategiesStrengthen the Pipeline – Secondary Students