Complete College Idaho Plan
A Plan for Growing Talent to Fuel Innovation and Economic Growth in the Gem State.
The State Board has set an ambitious goal that 60% of Idahoans ages 25-34 will have a degree or certificate by 2020.
- Idaho must grow talent within the state to fuel innovation and economic competitiveness.
- Increased education attainment improves the quality of life for Idahoans and drives a vibrant, diverse economy.
- Idaho’s increased education attainment must be responsive to businesses that will employ the workforce of the future.
- It is imperative we commit to efficiently and effectively increase postsecondary degrees and certificates.
- Better prepare students for the rigor and expectations of postsecondary education prior to exiting high school.
- Provide students and parents better access to information and resources regarding postsecondary programs, options and opportunities.
- Increase the likelihood of college completion through Dual Credit and Tech Prep programs.
- Provide needed alignment through the Common Core State Standards, which are built upon workforce and college-readiness expectations.
- Develop a statewide framework for transformational models of remedial placement and support.
- Develop strategies and goals to improve remediation.
- Implement systemic advising linking education to careers.
- Develop a state-level web portal to provide clear information about pathways to degrees and certificates.
- Develop strong, guaranteed statewide articulation and credit transfer policies to provide postsecondary options for students and families.
- Develop accelerated certificate and degree packages to reduce time to completion.
- Employ statewide faculty leaders to develop continuous improvement strategies that promote student success.
- Develop options for adult reintegration into postsecondary programs to concentrate on the large number of Idahoans that are near completion.
- Develop community college options for cost effective delivery of postsecondary education in Eastern Idaho.
- Generate reports from the statewide student longitudinal data system that will drive decision making by identifying progress and needs for improvement.
- Implement performance funding to incentivize completion and attainment.
Key StrategiesStrengthen the Pipeline – Secondary Students