BOARD PRESIDENT ANNOUNCES FINALISTS FOR PRESIDENCY AT LEWIS-CLARK STATE COLLEGE
(Coeur d'Alene). Following six months of work, the Presidential Search Committee at Lewis-Clark State College has forwarded a list of finalists to the President of the Idaho State Board of Education. President Richard Westerberg today released the names of those five individuals in no ranked order:
- Daniel Bingham, Dean, CEO, College of Technology, University of Montana-Helena
- Stephen Condon, Former President, Tennessee Wesleyan College
- Anthony J "Tony" Fernandez, Interim President, Lewis-Clark State College
- lynn Gillette, Provost, Executive Vice-President, Sierra Nevada College
- Richard Rafes, Former President, West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
"An impressive group," said LCSC Search Committee Chairman and SBOE Secretary Don Soltman. "I'm quite pleased to forward this list to the Board for its full consideration. LC has been in great hands over the past decade and I'm confident that any of these gentlemen can continue that successful journey." Details of when campus visits for any of the candidates will be announced in the future as well as interviews with the Board.
The Lewis-Clark State College Presidential Search Committee was formed in June 2010 with the specific charge to search, identify and forward a list of qualified candidates to the SBOE. The position of president at Lewis-Clark State College became open when Dr. Dene K. Thomas resigned to take a similar position at Ft. Lewis College in Durango Colorado.
To learn more about Lewis-Clark State College, please visit www.lcsc.edu.