The Idaho Legislature established the Minority and "At-Risk" Student Scholarship to assist talented students who are "at-risk" of failing to obtain a college education because of their cultural, economic or physical circumstances. The awards range up to $3,000 a year for a maximum of four years.
Minority and "At-Risk" Scholarship Eligibility:
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Idaho
- Be a graduate of an Idaho high school
You must also meet three of the following five criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be disabled
- Be a migrant farm worker or the dependent of a migrant farm worker
- Have substantial financial need
- Be a member of an ethnic minority historically underrepresented in higher education in Idaho (Native American, Afro–American, Hispanic–American decent)
Eligible Idaho colleges and universities are:
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this application will be provided in alternate form upon request.