Idaho Opportunity Scholarship
The demand for a well educated workforce was just one of the driving forces behind the creation of Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter’s "Opportunity Scholarship." The award is a one-year, non-renewable award for $3,000.
Students who received the Idaho Opportunity Scholarship prior to the 2013-2014 school year must complete a renewal application every year.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an Idaho resident
- Be a graduate from an Idaho high school or its equivalent (GED from Idaho)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to March 1 at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Accept all federal grant aid that is made available
- Enroll as a full-time undergraduate student at North Idaho College, Lewis-Clark State College, College of Southern Idaho, Eastern Idaho Technical College, University of Idaho, Boise State University, Idaho State University, Brigham Young University-Idaho, Northwest Nazarene University, The College of Idaho, or College of Western Idaho
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress for financial aid purposes. See program rules for more details.
Act now to contribute to Idaho’s Opportunity Scholarship Fund.
It’s easy! Just check the box on your Idaho tax return designating a portion of your refund to the Opportunity Scholarship. Your donation will help hundreds of Idahoans in their quest for post-secondary education. Higher education leads to better jobs, a stronger economy and a more viable citizenry. Everyone benefits from education. Donations are needed now more than ever. Give a fellow Idahoan the Opportunity to better themselves and their community through education.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this application will be provided in alternate form upon request.